Friday, January 1, 2016

The Blank Page...uh, Screen


Photo by Davmi Pics, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial license.
The first blog post. It's never easy to sit down to a blank screen, a blank canvas or a blank piece of paper. So much stress and anxiety to write something profound, something pithy, something worthwhile. In some ways, it's like coming into a new position, especially a leadership position. Of course, an organization, like our museum, isn't a blank slate. There are possibilities and ideas of what the organization might or could be, but a new leader inherits much when he walks into his office for the first time.

So, welcome to my blog - Extension 202. I hope you will follow along with me this year as I ask important questions about The Printing Museum, and its place in the Houston area museum community. I will also share, from time to time, articles, blogs and other resources I find helpful to my thinking (and doing) both inside the museum profession and without. In the end, I hope to make this a forum for ideas, questions and dialogue. I hope you'll join me.

Please know that views and opinions expressed by me on this blog are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Printing Museum, its Board of Directors, staff or affiliates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome from anyone interested in joining the discussion and are not moderated. Please help everyone by keeping comments civil and on topic. Thanks.